spoon

Recent Recipes

Snap Pea, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry

0

Category : , , , , , ,

While I was really tempted to post a recipe for strawberry margaritas or this really good watermelon slush I made recently, I resisted because I realized that almost every recipe I've posted so far has been sweet and frozen.

Instead, I want to share the snap pea, asparagus, and mushroom stir-fry I made tonight as a side for some flank steak.  I've made this stir-fry tons of times, and I think I've finally gotten it perfected.



The original recipe is from Martha Stewart, and although Martha is a saint I like the stir-fry with some mushrooms added, less spiciness, and more garlic.

Snap-Pea, Asparagus, and Mushroom Stir-Fry

Adapted from Everyday Food

Serves 4.


Ingredients

8 ounces sugar snap peas, stem ends removed (and, if necessary, strings)

1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed, cut into 2-inch lengths

3 cups white mushrooms, stems removed and quartered

6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons rice vinegar


Directions


Place snap peas, asparagus, mushrooms, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup water in skillet.

Cook, tossing, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes.

Add soy sauce and vinegar; toss to combine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.