spoon

Recent Recipes

L.A. Burgers and Fries

1

Category : , , , , , , , , , ,



Today has been another busy day of getting ready for our next visitors.  My cousin is visiting from Virginia for a week, and my mom is flying in from Missouri on Tuesday.  I am really excited to spend the week with some girls since I haven't really made any girl friends my age since coming to Arizona for the summer.  

After all of the cleaning and last-minute shopping, I really didn't feel like cooking anything, but I had this recipe for L.A. Burgers by Bobby Flay laying around, and a recipe for oven-fries from Life's Ambrosia which I've really been wanting to try.  All I had to do make was the fries and the toppings for the burgers, and I sent the bf out to the grill to do the rest... luckily he loves to grill.




He even made some new friends while he was outside grilling!





The burgers ended up being perfect and I wouldn't change a thing about the recipe.  I especially liked how all of the toppings went together so well, like the avocado relish and the tomato.  It was really the perfect burger.


The fries were great too, perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.  The original recipe was just a little too spicy for my taste, but if you like things on the spicier side I would definitely recommend sticking to the original recipe.

Crispy Oven-Fries


(Serves 4)

Ingredients

1 tbsp butter, melted

1 tbsp olive oil

3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 6-8 wedges each

1 teaspoon seasoning salt

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray, set aside.

Mix butter and olive oil in a bowl.  Brush mixture onto the potatoes.

Combine seasoning salt, flour, cayenne pepper, and sugar in a resealable plastic bag.  Add potatoes to bag and shake to coat.

Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 20 minutes.  Turn and bake for 10 more minutes.

Turn on the broiler and broil for 5-7 minutes or until browned.

Serve hot.

1 comments:

Hey SmartGirl Bakes,

I just wanted to say that I created my own version of this exact dinner back in June for some friends.

However, my fries (even though very similar) were slightly different and I feel like they were enhanced by those subtle differences.

-I axed the idea of using a bowl altogether, and instead simply used a bag for the whole process of: first oiling up the potatoes, and secondly coating them with their soon to be delicious outside. You have a bag already so I figure add the butter/oil mixture (with the inclusion of pepper and salt mind you) to the bag and add the potatoes. Jostle them around for a bit and add your dry ingredients.

-One way in which my recipe differed from the one you found was the inclusion of Parmesan in place of the flour. I suppose the flour adds a bit of crispyness to the fries, which the Parmesan does beautifully as well. I highly suggest it.

-A quick comment about the sugar, was it good? I never thought of that...

Thanks for the great idea on burgers/fries. I'm going to try your version soon.


Salud,


Sr. Crowell

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.